Monday 17 June 2013

School's out forevzzz: college graduation

If I could rewind back when I was a seventh grader and I had a vision that after 8 years' time, I will finish a Bachelor of Science degree in Information System, I would probably say "Oh really, that's the degree program that I will choose?  I am an IT-person?" with a tone of resentment in it.

My thirteen year-old self would probably not expect that I will choose that degree program, I am not saying that it is a bad degree, but back when I was little, I  dream of being a doctor, a scientist, a chemist, or an inventor. You know, the usual stuff that's VERY easy to attain.

Finishing this degree,or rather, choosing this degree that I have just recently attained was not planned at all. I remember University of the Philippines (UP) being my dream school, and Nursing being my dream course with my first choice of UP campus being UP Manila. Unfortunately, and with over self confidence that I will get in the said school (everybody needs that, of course. You need to have the over-confidence to enter your school of choice), I do not get accepted, which lead me to make La Salle as my next 'dream school' just to compensate the bitterness that I felt after not being accepted at UP.

As I fix my mind to think that DLSU is also a good school albeit one of the three best universities in the Philippines, I learned to like and love it in the process.
Of course there are times when I hated it because of receiving low grades, or finding some subjects difficult to pass, but despite my love-hate relationship with my school, a big part of me loves it and is proud of it as an institution, because I know that without their strict rules and regulations, the output that we would produce will not be 'academically competitive' and of standard.

 There are a lot of things to thank now that I finally achieved a Bachelor's degree including God, my parents, my profs and mentors, my blockmates, groupmates, and friends. Without them and other important aspects in my life for the past four years of my stay at the University, I believe that I wouldn't achieve what I have attained right now.



So, finally, here I am, writing this, as a legit De La Salle University alumni, proud to say that I am a Green Archer who will live Jesus in her heart forever.
Animo La Salle!
I didn't want to start my post with a negative tone but just an update: the so-called "graduation bliss" is finally over, now that I'm going back to school to have my toga returned, get the graduation pictures, and get my alumni card.

The unemployed-phase now looms over most of us graduates #leSigh

0 comments:

Post a Comment